Modern society produces a massive amount of waste on a daily basis, of which a large part is hazardous and cannot be disposed of using conventional treatment. Incineration is therefor used to destroy pathogens and toxins while reducing the waste content by about 95%.
The incineration process combusts the waste at a high temperature, forming ash, flue gas and heat. To ensure a low environmental impact, combustion has to be carefully regulated to ensure all organic compounds are completely combusted, with modern plants also including filtration systems to neutralise and adsorb compounds that cannot be combusted, and filter out particulate matter.
Today companies and governments are moving more towards recovering the waste heat from the process, to generate hot water, steam and electricity, in what is called waste-to-energy plants. The benefit with these plants are that energy is produced using flue gas from a critical service that would have already entered the atmosphere, thus no additional carbon dioxide is produced.
Macrotec designs and manufactures a range of high-quality Incinerators for General Waste, Hazardous Waste, Animal Carcasses, and Medical Waste.
Application Products LSIS Used
- HMI : XP70TTE/DC
- PLC : XEC-DR64H
- Drive : IS7 – 1x 90kW, 3x 4x 45kW (ID and Radiator Cooling Fans)
- Energy Saving – Through Controlling the speed of the Fans
- Locally supported products used – LSIS
- Built-in PID Temperature/Flow Feedback
- Operator control and monitoring using LSIS HMI
- PID control based on Temperature/Flow Feedback
- Reliable Solution
- IP5A Drive Precise PID Control (Using Temperature as Feedback)
- XEC PLC – Precise Temperature control using the built-in PID Loops
- Application Optimization (Fan Control)